Thursday, March 03, 2005

Jamie Foxx: The Most Talented Man In Hollywood

1 Academy Award
1 Golden Globe
2 Academy Award Nominations
1 Independent Spirit Award Nomination
1 Emmy Nomination
1 Grammy Nomination
1 hit stand up comedy special on Comedy Central

It has been a pretty good year for Jamie Foxx. It feels like only yesterday that I walked out of "Any Given Sunday" and proclaimed to my mostly skeptical friends that Jamie Foxx was going to be a huge star. Most of them just looked at me like I had spoken in Latin, but something told me that Jamie was destined for superstardom. I mean like Tom Cruise or Denzel Washington type stardom. Some people seem to think that Jamie will be a one year wonder and go the rout of Charlize Theron or Cuba Gooding, but I believe this is just the beginning. 2004 won't be remembered as the year Jamie Foxx won an Oscar, but as the year he became a household name, a mega-star. As if his great performances in "Redemption" and "Collateral" and his uncanny performance in "Ray" weren't enough, it looks like Foxx has 2 more hits looming on the horizon in 2005. First up is the summer blockbuster "Miami Vice" directed by Michael Mann. Jamie Foxx and Colin Farell play Crockett and Tubbs. Later in the year comes the Gulf War drama "Jarhead" directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) and starring Jake Gyllenhall, Peter Sarsgaard and Chris Cooper along with Foxx. 1 blockbuster and 1 Oscar bait. I'm pretty sure this is just the tip of the iceberg for Mr. Foxx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home