Monday, February 28, 2005

Academy Award Winners

Best Picture

Winner: Million Dollar Baby
My Prediction: Million Dollar Baby

Best Director

Winner: Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby)
My Prediction: Martin Scorsese (The Aviator)

Best Actor

Winner: Jamie Foxx (Ray)
My Prediction: Jamie Foxx (Ray)

Best Actress

Winner: Hillary Swank (Million Dollar Baby)
My Prediction: Hillary Swank (Million Dollar Baby)

Best Supporting Actor

Winner: Morgan Freeman (Million Dollar Baby)
My Prediction: Morgan Freeman (Million Dollar Baby)

Best Supporting Actress

Winner: Cate Blanchett (The Aviator)
My Prediction: Cate Blanchett (The Aviator)

Best Original Screenplay

Winner: Charlie Kaufman, Michel Gondry, Pierre Bismuth (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
My Prediction: Charlie Kaufman, Michel Gondry, Pierre Bismuth (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

Best Adapted Screenplay

Winner: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor (Sideways)
My Prediction: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor (Sideways)

Foreign Language Film

Winner: The Sea Inside
My Prediction: The Sea Inside

Animated Feature

Winner: The Incredibles
My Prediction: The Incredibles

Documentary Feature

Winner: Born Into Brothels
My Prediction: Born Into Brothels

Art Direction

Winner: The Aviator
My Prediction: The Aviator

Visual Effects

Winner: Spiderman 2
My Prediction: Spiderman 2

Costume Design

Winner: The Aviator
My Prediction: Troy

Makeup Effects

Winner: Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events
My Prediction: The Passion of the Christ

Best Editing

Winner: The Aviator
My Prediction: The Aviator

Cinematography

Winner: The Aviator
My Prediction: The Aviator

Sound Mixing

Winner: Ray
My Prediction: Ray

Original Score

Winner: Finding Neverland
My Prediction: Finding Neverland

Best Song

Winner: Al Otro Lado Del Rio (The Motorcycle Diaries)
My Prediction: Look To Your Path (The Chorus)

And the rest of the winners in categories I didn't predict:

Animated Short: Ryan
Documentary Short: Mighty Times: The Children's March
Sound Editing: The Incredibles
Short Film (Live Action): Wasp

I got a mind blowing 16 out of 20 on my predictions. That's much better than I expected and may just go to prove that The Oscars are getting a bit too predictable. 16 out of 20 is going to be real tough to live up to next year, that's for sure.

Here is the final tally of how many awards each film nabbed:

5 - The Aviator
4 - Million Dollar Baby
2 - Ray
2 - The Incredibles
1 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
1 - Sideways
1 - The Sea Inside
1 - Born Into Brothels
1 - Spiderman 2
1 - Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events
1 - Finding Neverland
1 - The Motorcycle Diaries

Best Moment: Jamie Foxx's acceptance speech.
Worst Moment: Scorsese losing again / Sean Penn not having a sense of humor.
Funniest Moment: Chris Rock talking "White Chicks" at the Magic Johnson Theater.
Looked Great: Salma Hayak, Natalie Portman, Hillary Swank, Beyonce, Leonardo DiCaprio.
Looked Less Than Great: Rene Zellwegger, Carlos Santana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home