Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Carnivale: Season 2

I watched the first season of "Carnivale" waiting for something to happen, and nothing much ever did. The concept behind "Carnivale" is one of the best in TV history, but I found myself thinking that it would be mainly wasted on a show the would never be half as great as it could be. Then season 2 rolled around, and once again I watched it (because, in HBO I trust). This time though, stuff started happening, and quickly. Season 2 just finished up Sunday night, and "Carnivale" has gone from above average TV show to the best thing on TV. The 2nd season finally delivers on all the build up that was season 1. The further adventures of Ben Hawkins and Brother Justin heat up as the collision course they are on picks up speed and we finally learn where all the puzzle pieces fit together. In the season finale we finally see the battle we have been waiting patiently to see, and then we see that it is only the beginning. I once said to a buddy that I had no idea how they could do a 3rd season, but now I see it running for a good long time. As long as HBO doesn't do anything crazy. Hell, if "Arliss" could run for 8 seasons, "Carnivale" should be allowed to run forever. Forget Ben Hawkins and Brother Justin, season 3 will be the battle between Sophie and her own child. Good stuff!!!


I usually do not go back and edit my posts once they are published, but this time I will make an exception. It is looking more and more like HBO is not going to bring back "Carnivale" for a 3rd season. Obviously this sucks, and there is a petition going around the internet to save "Carnivale". Usually I don't mess with these internet petitions, but this show is just too good to lose. So here is the link to the petition if you want to sign it and do your part to keep this quality show on the air.

http://boards.hbo.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300001255&tstart=0&start=-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home