Sunday, March 27, 2005

DVD Roundup (Alfie, Exorcist: The Beginning, Flight Of The Phoenix)

I know I usually don't do it this way but I am going to review all 3 films together, because I feel pretty much the same way about all 3. "Alfie", "Exorcist: The Beginning" and "Flight Of The Phoenix" are all the kind of movie that Hollywood is great at churning out. They are all likeable if not average films with nothing really wrong with them, but also not much worth remembering after the movie is over. It seems that now more than ever there are very few truly good or bad films coming out of the studio system. Jude Law gives a solid performance as Alfie in the remake of the old British version transplanted to New York. Ultimately though, "Alfie" is pretty much a watered down, less effective copy of the far superior "Closer", in which Jude Law also stars. All 3 of these movies are remakes or unwarranted sequels, and it shows. I don't feel like I wasted the 6 hours of my life used to watch these films, but I am sure I could have done something far more constructive and gratifying with that time too.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Shona said...

Hi, I added you to my links and I'd be grateful if you would add me to yours.

Thanks,
Shona
http://top100films.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home